Finance Division, Ministry of Finance has been implementing Skills for Employment Investment Program (SEIP) in order to develop skilled workforce for priority industry sectors of Bangladesh with financial support from Asian Development Bank (ADB), Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and using the government’s own fund. The prime objective of the project is to impart market responsive, job focused inclusive training to increase the productivity of trained graduates and also improve their employability in the job market. Both private and public sector training institutes are engaged in SEIP training program. In the private part, SEIP is implementing the training program in partnership with different Industry Associations (IAs). Accordingly, Bangladesh Association of Software and Information Services (BASIS), BDBL Bhaban, 12 Kawran Bazar, Dhaka 1215Bangladesh, being one of the major partner IAs has got grants from SEIP to conduct training on different trades of Software and Information Services in IT/ITES(Information Technology/ Information Technology Enable Services) sector. Though BASIS has its own training Institute named BITM to implement SEIP skills training, it will collaborate with the other training institutions with a view to diversification and job placement through partner engagement. Of the total targeted 7,450 trainees BASIS will impart training to 4,350 trainees in its own training institute BITM main branch located in Dhaka and another branch in Chattogram. The rest 3,100 trainees will be trained 6 other partner companies who are also the member of BASIS and has been working in related fields. As part of this initiative, BASIS has decided to get into a partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with PeopleNTech Institute of Information Technology, 151/7, Good Luck Center (7th & 8th) Floor, Green Road, Dhaka -1205, Dhaka, as a partner training provider.
BASIS, being the apex body in the Software and IT/ITES sector, has been supporting development of a pool of skilled workforce with a view to contributing towards the development of the sector and the country thereby. The association envisages continuing to assist its members through promoting new technologies, allied skilled workforce and ensuring quality and standard of products. To do this it has formed its own training institute BITM in 2007. With the technical and financial support from SEIP, the association has been implementing skills training program on various trades in the IT/ITES sector specially in since April 2015 to create and enhance skills for meeting present and future demand in the sector. Under Tranche-1, a total of 23,000and in Tranche 1 (Extension) 6,570 people were trained. BASIS is now implementing training under Tranche 3 with a target to implement skills training in software and IT/ITES sector and arrange employment for them.
Background of PeopleNTech Institute of Information Technology
PeopleNTech is one of the important members of BASIS. Since its inception in 2005, it has trained over 7,000 students. Abu Hanip, founder of PeopleNTech is strongly focused on changing lives and careers since its inception. PeopleNTech, provides hands on training with real-time project-oriented approach. In order cope with the highly competitive real world, the company keeps on innovating new methods and approaches towards training delivery. They have job market driven career change facility with decades of experience in the fields of software quality assurance, business analyst and database administration. Our certified instructors at PeopleNTech have knowledge of and in-depth industry experience in testing technologies in all the hottest areas of today's job market. They work closely with the students in every step of their learning process. Besides on-campus learning and training modalities, learners enjoy opportunities of full service live, interactive, instructor-led real-life project-oriented online training via Webinar from the Headquarter in Tyson's Corner, Virginia. Irrespective of previous professional and educational background, learners could acquire marker responsive skills in the IT and ITES within a short period of time.
Responsibilities of PeopleNTech under this SEIP Training
To ensure quality training PeopleNTech will-
- Ensure enrollment of eligible trainees as per criteria mentioned at Clause-11;
- Impart skills training following the CS and CBLM provided by PIU (in case of availability) engaging trainers selected by the Trainer Selection Committee of BASIS;
- Maintain all training records properly;
- Provide supports to PIU to collect, collate and update training and trainee information including job placement data and information as per requirements of the Training Management System (TMS) of SEIP;
- Maintain all bills, vouchers and administrative documents for audit and fiduciary review by PIU, SEIP and/or ADB;
- Ensure job placement of the trainees in line with the terms and conditions mentioned at the Disbursement Schedule
- The Center-in-charge (CIC) apart from his/her responsibility of implementing this skill training will also work as focal person for gender mainstreaming. S/he will put effort to ensure required level of female participation among trainees (at least 30%);
- Ensure arrangement for safe training;
- Provide full co-operation to the monitoring, audit and fiduciary review teams sent by PIU, SEIP and/or ADB.