The ultimate goal of the course is to provide a solid English Language foundation for those who want to build up their career in the world of Information Technology. Importantly, the course has been designed into two parts: foundation (Grammar) and English for IT & Business. In the foundation part; we will try to cover the basics of English Grammar from the course book "English Grammar in Use" by Raymond Murphy and in the second part; we will try to cover contemporary IT and Business based materials through Power Point Slides, Videos, Vocabularies, Phrases and Excretions with practical examples. Moreover, we will try our level best to make the class enjoyable through lots of fun, surprise quizzes, presentations, role play, debate etc and the participation of all the members of the class will be given outmost priority.
This course is intended for those who want to learn English Language for IT and Business.
MODULE - 1: Foundation (4 weeks)
- Present, Past and Future Tenses
- Conditionals and 'Wish'
- Passive Sentences
- Reported Speech, Questions and Auxiliary Verbs -ing and the infinitive
- Articles and Nouns
- Pronouns and Determiners
- Relative Clauses
- Adjectives and Adverbs
MODULE - 2: English for IT and Business (8 weeks)
- Handle informal and formal introductions, Write a personnel profile, Describe work duties and job positions
- Speak appropriately on the phone, taking and leaving messages, using professional telephone language
- Discuss history of a company and products, Present a company ? facilities, departments, strengths, Exchange information about products, dimensions
- Understand and use basic socializing and chatting language
- Set up and participate in meetings--actions, suggestions, decisions, problem solving
- Demonstrate appropriate letter writing skills? enquiries, orders, confirmations and Parts of a Business Letter
- Powerful Presentation Skills
- Fill out application forms and conducting emails
- CV and Cover Letter writing
- Basics of Interviews and how face interviews efficiently
- Listening Practice
- Listening Practice